Are U Hungry 😋?
@ Blk 17 Upper Boon Keng Food Centre.
Stall : Da Shao Chong Qing Xiao Mian (大少 重庆小面）#01-81. (Located at the back - last row, next to coffee stall)
Ordered 1 bowl of Beef Noodle (牛肉小面）@ $4.50.
Operating Hours :
Daily :10:30am to 8:00pm
Closed on Tuesdays.
What’s so good 😊?
In the past, I have travelled to China 🇨🇳 for work, workshop, seminar to various cities - Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, DongGuan etc ... and had seen tremendous growth and their beautiful landscape building and more to come as China coming out stronger during pandemic time, its food & different cuisines have always allured me and I had also heard much of Chong Qing and rave about their city scape changing fast due to new latest building sprucing up from Raffles City and many extraordinary fengshui enabled buildings too ... 😮 🤩
As I arrived to this hawker centre at Upper Boon Keng, just off city ... saw a short Q for this stall selling the authentic Chong Qing Xiao Mian (Noodles) and this young man 👨 was featured in the documentary of “Hawker Makan Kakis” of Channel 8, probably 2 months ago ... has a very touching story of this man, his cancer stricken mum and his family. He had been studying in Singapore 🇸🇬 during his post University days and started work as an Engineer before turning himself to be a Hawker, likely a PR or even citizen by now ... 😮 🤩 ⭐️ 👍
I requested for his permission to take some photo shots of his stall/ kitchen and the many condiments that make up this fabulous delightful Mala infused fragrance spiced Beef Noodles 🍝 牛肉小面 ...
The X factors :
1. Homemade concocted sauces of at least 10 ingredients of condiment that made up his version of sauces; so flavourfully and tastefully blended well with the noodles 🍝! See the bigger wok in the background, he does it on the spot some day of the week ... 😮 🤩 ⭐️ 👍
2. It’s home made 🖐 🤚 noodles - finely pulled and cooked to perfection, QQ, smooth texture and absorbing the sauces very well ! ⭐️
3. Had the mala sauce added too - to give the numbing effects on your tongue aftertaste, so great 😁 and endearing with tingy tastebud too ! ⭐️
4. It’s sautéed beef, lightly salted and dipped with its homemade sauces, finely sliced to 2-3mm thickness, easy to bite off and generous servings too ! If U may not like Beef, minced pork shall be your next available option ! 😮 🤩 ⭐️ 👍
5. Spiciness level at 4.5 out of 5; already lowest spicy level of Mala though, I find it simply just great 👍! ⭐️
6. It’s pretty yellow bowl with the unique wording ... got a mention too ! As I rarely take a bowl empty! 😃 ⭐️
Added to my library 📚 of must eat in The East/ Central region ! Great values for your monies and a strong recommendation! 😮 🤩 ⭐️ 👍
As Always ... It’s Ching Qing 小面 with Mala fragrance ！ Yummily 😋 Great 👍!
Tag & Share the good news ! 🙏🏻 😃