Updated: Oct 24, 2020
Affluent Society has teamed up with Califia Farms to bring you a series of easy-to-make-at-home recipes. Califia is one of USA's fastest-growing, independent and natural product companies.
This recipe is a healthier spin on the classic dessert ‘Tiramisu’. It is a low sugar and low fat cake infused with Califia XX Espresso Cold Brew Coffee with Almond, a whipped coconut cream layer, fresh cherries, cherry compote and chocolate shavings. It’s vegan friendly, dairy free, egg free and can be made gluten free by using a gluten free baking blend flour. This delicious dessert will be a hit with your family and friends.
Makes 3-4 wine glass sized servings
Preparation time: 30-40 mins
Cook time: 30mins
1 1/3 cup flour
1 tbsp cornflour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarb soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup sugar (Jess used half raw sugar, half coconut sugar)
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1 1/4 cup Califia Farms XX Espresso
2 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 170C
2. Grease your cake tin with coconut oil, I used a 20cm round tin.
3. Whisk together the flour, cornflour, baking powder, bicarb soda, and sea salt into a large bowl, set aside.
4. Add the sugar, melted coconut oil, Califia Farms XX Espresso and vanilla to a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine. Take care to not over mix. Pour the mixture into your cake tin. Place in the oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely.
Califia Farms XX Espresso
1 can Coconut Whipping Cream, chilled (or a can of Full Fat Coconut Cream refrigerated for 24 hours prior)
1/3 cup Cherry Compote or Cherry Jam
Fresh Cherries, pitted (approx 500g)
Dark Chocolate, shaved
1. Cut the cake into circles the size of your serving glasses, set the excess cake aside.
2. Whip the coconut cream with handheld beaters. If using Full Fat Coconut Cream, scrape only the solid part from the top of the chilled can and discard the water before whipping.
3. Place the cake into the base of each glass.
4. Pour 2 tbsp of Califia Farms XX Espresso into each glass, infusing the cake.
5. Gently spoon in a layer of whipped coconut cream to each, then arrange halved pitted cherries around the outside of the glass.
6. Take the excess cake and crumble it into a bowl, pour 2-3 tablespoons of Califia Farms XX Espresso into the bowl and mix well. Place a couple of spoonfuls of this into the trifle glasses. Top with cherry compote or cherry jam and dollop or pipe any additional coconut cream. Finish with shavings of dark chocolate. Enjoy!
Tip: If cherries aren’t in season where you are, feel free to replace with any in season fruit. This recipe makes enough for 3-4 wine glass sized servings, but you can make smaller servings if you wish.
Thanks to Jessica Thomson this tasty recipe. Jessica is an Australian food influencer and mother of two, best known for her raw desserts and plant based recipes.
Califia Farms: Inspired by the values of our mythical muse and California's namesake, Queen Califia, Califia Farms was founded in 2010 to bring food back to its original nourishing purpose. Renowned for its plant-based beverages, packaged in an iconic curvy bottle, Califia makes it easy for people to choose food that is delicious, nutritious and good for the planet. Its products are available in all of US, Canada, UK, Australia and online. For more details on Califia Farms visit: califiafarms.com.au
Disclaimer: A certain commission of every purchase through this ad goes to supporting Affluent society and I. Purchasing through the ads is one of the big ways you can help support us. Thanks in advance.