STUFF Virtual by Dianne Smith and Barnard College
Updated: Mar 13, 2021
Photo courtesy of Souleo
Dianne Smith, Souleo and Barnard College is hosting a free virtual event on Monday, March 22 at 7-8 pm ET.
Entitled "STUFF: a celebration of Ntozake Shange's for colored girls", it pays tribute to the 45th anniversary Broadway debut of Ntozake Shange's ('70) groundbreaking work, “for colored girls who have considered suicide/when the rainbow is enuf" and Dianne Smith’s installation in the lobby of Barnard College’s Milstein Center. This event is presented in partnership with Barnard College and is part of the two-year long Shange Magic Project, a collaboration of BLAIS and Africana Studies.
Enjoy an evening featuring:
- Ifa Bayeza, award-winning playwright, producer and conceptual theater artist
- Okwui Okpokwasili, multidisciplinary performing artist
- Martha Redbone, vocalist, songwriter, composer, and educator
- Dianne Smith, multidisciplinary artist
- Moderator: Souleo, independent curator
Register your space at https://columbiauniversity.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_PryB_K0PQr6CUS-KhQI1aQ