Photo courtesy of Apollo Theater
Apollo Theater is hosting its Women of the World (WOW) Festival virtually on Saturday, March 20 and Sunday, March 21, in partnership with The WOW Foundation. This year's theme is "Black Women Transcending" and features more than 80 thought leaders, scholars, artists and performers. For $20, you get access to a live, 2-day event consisting of an array of music, film, workshops, conversations, panels and performances.
- HBO’s “Lovecraft Country” award-winning actress Aunjanue Ellis
- New York Times best-selling author and co-host of CBS’ “The Talk” Elaine Welteroth
- Poet, writer, and activist Nikki Giovanni
- Host of SiriusXM’s “Bevelations,” media personality and author Bevy Smith
- Motivational speaker, editor, and author Harriette Cole
- Political and women's rights activist Dr. Shola Mos-Shogbamimu
- Karen Chilton, author of “Hazel Scott: The Pioneering Journey of a Jazz Pianist,” in conversation with special guests Damien Sneed and Camille Thurman.
- WOW: Teen Summit will dissect gender politics and how it impacts girls and young women of color.
- Performances from singer, songwriter and spoken-word artist Brianna Knight and singer Alyssa Martinez
- Panel discussion moderated by reporter and producer Kay Angrum with community activists Akia S. Callum, Malaysia Freeman and Hebh Jamal.
- Apollo Film Presents: ImageNation’s Cocktails & Sol Cinema, featuring short films by women from around the world in speculative fiction, sci-fi, fantasy and folklore.
Tickets for WOW are available via www.apollotheater.org