The National Organization of Black County Officials, Inc. (NOBCO), United We Rise (UWR), onePULSE Foundation & iambeautiful365.com have come together to commemorate World AIDS Day with a free event on Tuesday, 1 December 2020 at 4pm PST and 7pm EST.
1) Multiple award-winning film, 90 DAYS from writer/co-director, Nathan Hale Williams and co-director, Jennia Fredrique Aponte. It tells the story of a young couple forced to confront the modern day challenges of loving with HIV.
2) Fireside chat by I Am Beautiful 365 Facebook LIVE (iAB365), the #1 Destination for smart and ambitious African American Women. It is hosted by iAB365's Candi Bryan who will tackle the impact of stigma on the rising infection rates in communities of color and how entertainment can have positive effects on the current state of HIV/AIDS. Guests include Jazmyne V. Simmons, PhD, MPH, Assistant Professor, Florida A&M University, School of Allied Health Sciences, Chioma Nnaji MPH, MEd, Planning Committee Member of United We Rise and Gena Barr & Alicia speaking on the topic, “Living Positively”.
3) Solo performance by Antavia Williams.
4) Keynote speeches by Assistant Professor Dr. Brandon Moton (Dating Apps and HIV) and Director of Cardiopulmonary Science, Dr. Mary Simmons (Covid-19 & HIV Care).
5) Message from Chairwoman Alisha Bell, (Wayne County, MI Commission ) and Dr. Helen Holton, Executive Director of NOBCO titled, “Legislative Impact of HIV & Stigma on the Fiscal Stability” of Counties.
RSVP your ticket at: 90dayswad2020.eventbrite.com
Disclaimer: a certain commission of every purchase through the ads goes to supporting Affluent Society and I. Purchasing through the ads is one of the best ways you can help support us. Thanks in advance.