Affluent Society has teamed up with Califia Farms to bring you a series of easy-to-make-at-home recipes. Califia is one of USA's fastest-growing, independent and natural product companies. When making a dessert you want everyone to be able to enjoy it! Delicious white chocolate filling, crunchy base, served with seasonal fruit and using Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk. This tart is also gluten free and vegan but still tastes incredible so everyone will love it regardless of any dietary requirements. The recipe should also work with dark chocolate if you prefer.
2 tbsp ground flaxseed 1⁄2 cup oat flour
1 cup almond meal
1⁄2 cup rice flour
1⁄4 cup vegan butter
3 tbsp rice malt syrup 1 tbsp water
200ml Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond milk
250g vegan white chocolate*
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180degrees Celsius (fan forced).
2. Place all of the pastry ingredients into a food processor and pulse the mixture until combined and the mixture sticks together between your fingers.
3. Lightly grease a non-stick tart tin (must be one with a removable base) and pour the mixture in. Use your fingers to press the mixture evenly into the tray and up the sides taking time to ensure no holes are left.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges start to brown, remove and allow to cool fully – don’t remove the pastry from the pan.
5. Roughly chop the white chocolate and place it into a bowl with the coconut oil.
6. In a small saucepan heat the Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk and vanilla gently until just bubbling. Pour the almond milk into the bowl with the chocolate and stir gently until the chocolate has melted and the mix is smooth.
7. Allow the mixture to cool for around 10 minutes before pouring into the tart base and placing into the fridge for 3 hours or overnight to set.
8. Once set remove the tart from the pan and decorate with fresh berries.
Thanks to Phoebe Conway for this tasty recipe. She is a 27 year-old nutritionist and food stylist/photographer from Adelaide. Follow her Instagram here: @pheebsfoods
Califia Farms: Inspired by the values of our mythical muse and California's namesake, Queen Califia, Califia Farms was founded in 2010 to bring food back to its original nourishing purpose. Renowned for its plant-based beverages, packaged in an iconic curvy bottle, Califia makes it easy for people to choose food that is delicious, nutritious and good for the planet. Its products are available in all of US, Canada, UK, Australia and online. For more details on Califia Farms visit: califiafarms.com.au